Canon Philippines has launched the EOS R6 Mark II as a follow-up to its enthusiast-level full-frame EOS R6.
The new EOS R6 Mark II features a 24.2-megapixel sensor. Paired with the DIGIC X image processor and Dual Pixel CMOS AF II, it can shoot up to 40fps with the electronic shutter and up to 12 fps with the mechanical shutter.
More importantly, the AF focus has been drastically improve. The new system, with its AI chip, is able to detect humans, animals, vehicles, horses, trains, and airplanes with outstanding accuracy.
Just like the system, the camera body has undergone some significant changes as well. There’s now an accessible switch for toggling between stills and video mode. Moreover, the power switch has been moved to the right side of the camera for more convenience. As for other buttons and dials, they remain unchanged.
As for the video, the Mark II can record 4K and even 6K. According to Canon, 4K/60p 10-bit 4:2:2 continuous recording up to at least 40 minutes is possible, while “unlimited” recording at 4K/30p is also available. The R6 Mark II can output 6K RAW video via HDMI to an external recorder.
Other features include a pre-record RAW burst mode that records for a couple of seconds as autofocus is held on a subject up until the point that the shutter button is pressed; a maximum flash sync speed of 1/200s with the mechanical shutter and 1/250s with the electronic shutter; and the same in-body image stabilization capable of up to eight stops of compensation.
Canon EOS R6 Mark II Full Specs:
- 24.2 megapixels, full-frame image sensor
- 4K 59.94p video recording
- External 6K RAW video recording / Internal 4K video recording oversampled from 6K
- High-speed burst shooting
- Canon Log 3 maximizing dynamic range
- Autofocus (AF): highly accurate subject detection with human, animal, vehicle and automatic settings
- Horses, trains, and airplanes are newly detectable through the use of deep learning technology
- Continuous movie recording that exceeds 30 minutes
- Up to 12 frames per second mechanical shutter
- Up to 40 frames per second with electronic shutter
- In-body Image Stabilization as effective as up to 8 stops faster shutter speed
Canon EOS R6 Mark II Price Philippines
The camera body of Canon EOS R6 Mark II has a price tag of Php 179,998; together with a 24-105 F4-7.1 IS STM kit lens, it costs Php 199,998. The camera will arrive in the Philippines in January 2023, either first or second week.
featured image courtesy of techradar