Xiaomi says they sold “thousands” of smartphones quickly
The Redmi Note 9S is in incredibly high demand, at least during Lazada’s 6.6 Bounce Back sale. Xiaomi’s reporting that based on purchases made through their Flagship Store in Lazada, they managed to run out of their newly released Redmi Note 9S as well as their Redmi 7A in one minute of the sale starting.
Xiaomi’s other phones also ran out quickly: the Redmi Note 8A was sold out within four minutes, the Redmi Note 9 Pro was completely gone within 24 minutes and the Redmi Note 9 was sold out in around an hour.
Xiaomi didn’t specify exactly how many phones they put up for sale, only saying they sold several “tens of thousands of devices” during the sale.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G octa-core processor
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ IPS display, Gorilla Glass 5 Protection, 20:9 aspect ratio
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 expandable internal storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 ISOCELL GM2 main camera; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel depth-sensor; 5-megapixel macro camera; with LED, PDAF
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- 2×2 MiMo WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, face unlock, USB-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18w wired charging
- Android 10 with MIUI 11