Ford Philippines is consistent in bringing in high-performance versions of the iconic Ford Mustang. Last year, they made the Mustang Shelby Super Snake available locally. This year they are once again bringing a high-performance model, the Shelby Mustang GT500, to the Philippines.
The Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 comes with a very aggressive aero body kit and a legendary Shelby badge for a reason. It is the most powerful Mustang. Above all else, it boasts Shelby’s supercharged 5.2-liter cross-plane crank V8 engine, packing 760 horsepower and 847 Nm, mated to a 7-Speed Tremec dual-clutch transmission for higher acceleration, responsiveness, and performance.
“The new Mustang Shelby GT500 is among Ford’s flagship performance vehicles with a proven race heritage. The new variant exudes unmistakable Mustang Shelby qualities and characteristics in an enhanced modern iteration as seen by its updated design, performance enhancements, and innovative features, giving Mustang enthusiasts something to get excited about,” said Michael Breen, managing director, Ford Philippines.
For this recent model, Ford added the following performance-enhancing features:
- Magneride Damping System – The Magneride high-performance system has sensors that monitor body and wheel motion thousands of times per second to vary shock absorber stiffness and provide ultra-quick responsiveness to changing road conditions.
- 3.73 TORSEN Limited-slip rear differential.
- Brembo Brake Calipers – The red-painted Brembo Brake Calipers are more than a visual cue — they’re designed for the heat and performance demands a track brings to a brake system.
- Magnesium Tower-to-tower brace.
- Electronic Line Lock& Launch control (Track Use Only).
- MacPherson strut with stabilizer bar front suspension and Independent integral link with stabilizer bar rear suspension.
- Selectable drive modes (Normal, Sport+, Track, Drag/Strip, Wet mode).
- Magnesium Paddle Shifters.
- Aluminum front bumper beam.
- Unique front fascia, fenders, grille and front splitter to help improve aerodynamic efficiency.
- Active valve performance exhaust system with quad exhaust tips.
- Peak handling – The handling characteristics of the Shelby GT500 are reinforced by increased chassis stiffness and defined by precise steering response. The increased front track width and lower ride height compared to Mustang GT Premium help improve track capability and lateral grip.
The Mustang Shelby GT500 has a price tag of PHP 7,760,000 in the Philippines. It comes in 11 different colors: Antimatter Blue, Carbonized Gray, Grabber Yellow, Oxford White, Shadow Black, Velocity Blue, Race Red, Twister Orange, Iconic Silver, Rapid Red, and Performance Blue.