After a delayed launch, Motorola has finally unveiled the 2022 edition of its RAZR foldable. Unlike the previous two versions, the RAZR 2022 feels more like a true flagship device than its predecessor with its use of a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor.
While still sporting a clamshell form factor, Motorola redesigned the hinge of the RAZR 2022 and ditched the large notch of its predecessor in exchange for a punch-hole that has a 32-megapixel selfie snapper. The foldable AMOLED display has a 144hz refresh rate and is 6.7-inches. Motorola also redesigned the hinge of the RAZR 2022, now bending into a pear shape to keep the phone gap-free when closed.
Like its predecessor, you still have a 2.7-inch OLED external display, and below it is a dual rear camera setup that consists of a 50-megapixel main camera with OIS and a 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera. The battery is now bigger at a reasonable 3500mAh, and charging speeds have been improved to 33w wired charging.
Motorola RAZR 2022 Specs
- Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ Foldable OLED inner display, 144hz refresh rate
- 2.7-inch OLED outer display
- 50-megapixel f/1.88 main camera with Omni PDAF and OIS; 13-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera with AF
- 32-megapixel f/2.2 selfie camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Dolby Atmos, IP52 rating
- 3300mAh battery
- 33w wired charging
- Android 12, Motorola MyOS 4.0
The RAZR 2022 will start at CNY 5999(~Php 49.5k) for the 8GB/128GB variant. Other variants include an 8GB/256GB model for CNY 6499(~Php 53.5k) and a 12GB/512GB variant for CNY 7299(~Php 60k). That makes it more affordable than the Galaxy Z Flip4—though we don’t know when will Motorola will make it available outside of China.