It’s their latest, minimalist fitness tracker
Despite releasing two excellent smartwatches, Fitbit hasn’t forgotten about their fitness trackers. The company has officially announced the updated version of their Charge 3 trackers, boasting better features and an improved screen.
While the Charge 3 looks almost the same as the previous model at first glance, the differences become apparent once you take a closer look at it. The body is now made from aluminum, and the glass has been upgraded with Gorilla Glass 3. The display has also been upgraded to grayscale from the plain old black-and-white from the previous version, with a 40 percent increase in active screen area compared to last year’s model.
The Charge 3 has an upgraded heart rate sensor for better accuracy this time around, and now has an SpO2 (oxygen saturation) sensor as well. Battery life has been upped to 7 days instead of 5 on the Fitbit Charge 2, and the physical button has been replaced with a new “inductive button”, which has haptic feedback.
Fitbit also added a wealth of additional features to the Charge 3, which you can read below:
- Goal-based exercise modes: Choose from 15+ exercise modes like bike, swim, run, weights and yoga; set a goal for calories burned, distance or duration, and see real-time stats, progress and celebrations on device when you reach your goal.
- Water resistant to 50M: Wear in the shower, rain pool or ocean. See real-time duration on your wrist with Swim Mode, or use SmartTrack to see laps and pace in the Fitbit® app post-swim.
- Go the distance: Stay motivated with Connected GPS from your phone for real-time pace and distance on device, and Run Detect will auto pause and auto stop (coming soon).
- Female health tracking: Gain a deeper understanding of your menstrual cycle by using the Fitbit app to log your period and ovulation (coming soon), record symptoms and compare cycle trends over time. With all your health and fitness stats in one place, you can better manage your health; easily see where you are in your cycle on in the on-device dashboard.
Information at a glance: Easily navigate the new personalized, on-device dashboard to see daily activity stats and health metrics like female health tracking, hydration, sleep and weight (coming soon).
- Personalized insights: Know yourself to improve your health with new dynamic insights about your activity, heart rate, nutrition and sleep to help you reach your goals with positive reinforcement and tips to course correct when needed (coming soon in the Fitbit app).
- Social motivation: Connect to one of the largest health and fitness social networks in the world with more than 25 million active users for added motivation to reach your goals when you engage with friends, family and others through Feed, Groups and Challenges in the Fitbit app.
- 24/7 guidance and motivation: Stay on top of all your daily activity and get a more complete picture of your overall health with features like automatic exercise recognition, Reminders to Move, Relax guided breathing, sleep tracking with Sleep Stages and Sleep Insights, and more.
The Fitbit Charge 3 will be available for Php 9,990 in black with a graphite aluminum case or blue gray with rose gold aluminum case, while the Charge 3 Special Edition will be available for Php 10,990. The Charge 3 will start hitting stores come November.