An updated Nova 3i?
Wrapping up Huawei’s slew of releases today is the Y8s. Unlike Huawei’s recent releases that utilize a punch-hole, the Y8s adopts a conventional notch that houses two front cameras: an 8-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. Upfront, it looks like an updated Nova 3i with its smaller notch and a bigger 6.5-inch display. The Y7s has roughly the same internals with the Nova 3i: Kirin 710, 4GB RAM, and 64GB internal storage.
As an “updated” Nova 3i, the dual rear camera setup now comprises of an 48-megapixel main snapper and 2-megapixel depth sensor. The battery is bigger at 4000mAh, though you are stuck with a MicroUSB port and 10w wired charging. Making this phone intriguing is that it comes with Android Pie-based EMUI 9.1–and it has Google services.
Huawei Y8s Specs
- HiSilicon Kirin 710 octa-core processor
- Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ LCD Display; 1080×2340 resolution
- 64GB of expandable storage
- Dual rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; with AI Scene Detection, PDAF, LED Flash
- Dual front cameras: 8-megapixel f/2.0 front camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor
- 4G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth v4.2
- Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Android Pie with EMUI 9.1
- 4000mAh Battery with 10w wired charging
There’s no word yet on pricing and availability of the Y8s as of this writing.