Meet the Huawei Mate X2, the brand’s third-generation foldable phone. The Huawei Mate X2 was officially announced in China, and unlike its predecessors, the third-generation foldable settles for an inward folding display, making the crucial component protected from the elements better.
Huawei Mate X2 Specs:
- Kirin 9000 5G processor
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 storage, expandable via NM Card
- 8-inch OLED foldable inner display, 2480 x 2200 resolution, 90hz refresh rate, 180hz touch sampling rate
- 6.45-inch AMOLED outer display, 2700 x 1160 resolution, 90hz refresh rate, 240hz touch sampling rate
- 50-megapixel f/1.9 RYYB main camera with PDAF and OIS, 8-megapixel f/4.4 periscope camera with 10x optical zoom and OIS, 16-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera, 12-megapixel f/2.4 telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom and OIS
- 16-megapixel f/2.2 selfie camera
- 4G, 5G
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC
- 4400mAh battery
- 55w fast charging
- Android 10, EMUI 11
With its updated design, the Mate X2 sports an 8-inch foldable OLED inner display that has a 2480 x 2220 resolution. They come with extra skinny bezels, and the display is devoid of any punch-hole. For the outer display, you get a 6.45-inch AMOLED panel with a punch-hole for the 16-megapixel f/2.2 selfie snapper.
Despite being a foldable, the Mate X2 has a packed rear camera setup. The P40 Pro-like module contains a 50-megapixel f/1.9 RYYB main camera, 8-megapixel f/4.4 periscope camera, 16-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 12-megapixel f/2.4 telephoto camera.
Powering the Mate X2 is Huawei’s Kirin 9000 5G processor that is paired with 8GB RAM and 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 storage–the latter being expandable via Huawei’s NM Cards. Keeping the lights on is a 4400mAh battery with Huawei’s speedy 55w wired charging. On the software side, you get Android 10-based EMUI 11 with Huawei Mobile services. However, the Mate X2 will be one of the first phones to be updated to HarmonyOS come April.
Huawei Mate X2 Price Philippines
There’s no word yet when the Mate X2 is coming to the Philippines, though it is priced at CNY 17,999 for the 256GB model and CNY 18,999 for the 512GB model, giving them a price of around Php 135.7k and Php 143.3k respectively when converted. The Mate X2 will be available in China on February 25, though it is unsure if it will be sold globally.