Aside from showing a rather impressive performance at DxOMark, the iPhone 12 Pro Max is also lauded for its stellar display as well. In DisplayMate’s review, the iPhone 12 Pro Max garnered an A+ score and broke a total of 11 records. They are as follows:
- Highest Absolute Color Accuracy (0.9 JNCD)
- Highest Image Contrast Accuracy and Intensity Scale Accuracy (2.19 Gamma)
- Smallest Shift in Color Accuracy and Intensity Scale with the Image Content APL (0.2 JNCD)
- Smallest Shift in Image Contrast and Intensity Scale with the Image Content APL (0.00 Gamma)
- Smallest Change in Peak Luminance with the Image Content Average Picture Level APL (1 percent)
- Highest Full Screen Brightness for OLED Smartphones (825 nits for 100% APL).
- Highest Full Screen Contrast Rating in Ambient Light (172 at 100% APL).
- Highest Contrast Ratio (Infinite).
- Lowest Screen Reflectance (4.8 percent).
- Smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle (27% at 30 degrees).
- Highest Visible Screen Resolution 2.8K (2778×1284)
Those records are very impressive if you consider the fact that the iPhone 12 Pro Max uses a conventional 60Hz panel and a high refresh rate one like some Android phones. For comparison, last year’s iPhone 11 Pro has matched or set 9 records, while 2018’s iPhone XS Max matched or set 8 records.