With AI and an enriched multimedia experience
Following a delayed launch (even if it was spotted in a closed-door meeting in MWC 2018), LG has unwrapped the G7 ThinQ in a press conference in New York. As a successor to last year’s G6, the G7 ThinQ comes with a notch-sporting 6.1-inch Quad HD display that has support for HDR 10 and has a 100 percent DCI-P3 color gamut. The G7 ThinQ has an enriched multimedia experience with its dual 16.3-megapixel rear cameras, Boombox speaker, and support for DTS:X 3D—the first phone to have such.
On top of that, the G7 ThinQ will have LG’s AI built in, along with support for Google Assistant.
Here’s a roundup of the specs:
LG G7 ThinQ Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 6.1-inch QHD+ FullVision display, 3120×1440 resolution, Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 100 percent DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR 10 Compliant
- 128GB expandable storage, via microSD
- 16-megapixel f/1.6 primary rear camera with PDAF, OIS, LED flash, laser autofocus
- 16-megapixel f/1.9 wide-angle rear camera
- 8-megapixel f/1.9 front camera
- Dual SIM
- Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D, Boombox speaker
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner, IP68 certification, ThinQ AI
- 3000mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0 and wireless charging
- Android 8.0 Oreo
Color options include New Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue and Raspberry Red. Pricing and availability has not been revealed as of press time.