Despite the A53 (2020) being official last August as an entry-level 4G phone, OPPO used the same name as its latest affordable 5G phone in China. This particular model is closer to the A92s–aka Reno4 Z in the Philippines, coming with features like:
- A Dimensity 720 processor that is paired with 4GB/6GB RAM;
- A 6.5-inch Full HD+ display with 90hz refresh rate and a punch-hole for the 8-megapixel selfie snapper;
- A triple rear camera setup that consists of an 16-megapixel f/2.2 main camera and two 2-megapixel f/2.4 cameras (one for depth-sensing and another for macro shots);
- A 4040mAh battery with a dated 10w USB-C charging; and
- Other features like a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and headphone jack.
The A53 5G is priced at CNY 1299(~Php 9.6k) for the 4GB/128GB model, making it OPPO’s most affordable 5G phone to date.