While the A53 5G is OPPO’s most affordable 5G phone so far, the Chinese brand adds another budget-friendly device with the A55 5G. Unlike the A53 5G, the A55 5G uses MediaTek’s entry-level Dimensity 700 processor and a dated waterdrop notch on its display. For CNY 1599 (~Php 11.9k), you get:
- A Dimensity 700 processor with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage;
- A 6.5-inch HD+ display with a waterdrop notch for the 8-megapixel selfie snapper;
- Triple rear camera setup consisting of a 13-megapixel f/2.2 main camera and two 2-megapixel cameras (one for macro and one for depth sensing);
- 5000mAh battery with a dated 10w USB-C charging; and
- Other features like a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and headphone jack.
The phone is currently on sale in China, and there’s no word if OPPO is bringing it to our shores. As of this writing, only the Reno4 Z and Find X2 Pro are OPPO’s official 5G phones in the Philippines.