Brands are looking to out affordable 5G-ready devices this year, and vivo is getting to it early with their new Vivo Y31S 5G. The new phone is a budget 5G-capable device that uses Qualcomm’s newly released Snapdragon 480 chip, being the first phone in the world to do so.
vivo Y31s 5G Specs:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 SoC paired with 6GB LDDR4X RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage.
- 6.58-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 2408 × 1080 pixels (FHD+) with a decent 90Hz refresh rate.
- 20:7:9 aspect ratio with a 90.61% screen-to-body ratio and 1500:1 contrast ratio.
- A waterdrop notch housing an 8MP selfie camera.
- The smartphone’s rear has a dual-camera setup consisting of a 13MP primary sensor, a 2MP depth sensor, and an LED flash.
- Its fingerprint sensor is embedded in the power key located on its side.
- Connectivity features include 5G, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, and Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
- 5,000mAh battery with 18 watts USB Type-c charging.
- Runs on Funtouch OS 10.5 based on Android 11.
- measures 164.15 × 75.35 × 8.40mm in dimensions, and weighs about 185.5g.
Aside from the new processor, the vivo Y31s 5G uses a large 6.58-inch display, a large 5000mAh battery as well as 128GB of storage. Aside from its 5G capability most of the hardware in the phone won’t impress, but the phone has enough hardware on tap to satisfy most users anyway.
The phone comes in three colorways: Titanium Empty Gray, and Ruby Red. The phone is now available for pre-order and goes officially on sale on January 15 in China. Vivo Y31s 5G is priced at CNY 1,698 (Php 12,6K.)