realme expands its GT line of phones in China with the GT Neo2. Compared to the first Neo, the GT Neo2 now rocks a Snapdragon 870 processor that has a unique 8-layer cooling system.
realme GT Neo2 Specs
- Snapdragon 870 processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 6.6-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 120hz refresh rate, support for HDR10+ and DCI-P3
- 64-megapixel f/1.8 OV64B main camera with PDAF, 2-megapixel f/2.4 macro camera, 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera
- 32-megapixel selfie camera
- 4G, 5G
- WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1, in-display fingerprint scanner
- 5000mAh battery
- 65w fast charging
- Android 11, realme UI 2.0
To keep thermals stable, the GT Neo2 makes use of a cooling gel with actual diamond particles that are 40-50 um in size, along with an aerospace-grade graphene sheet and a massive vapor cooling chamber. realme claims that this cooling solution can lower temperatures by as much as 18 degrees celsius.
As a budget flagship phone, the GT Neo2 has a 6.6-inch Samsung E4 AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution, 120hz refresh rate, 600hz touch response rate, and a punch-hole for the 32-megapixel selfie snapper. The rear camera setup consists of a 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 2-megapixel camera.
Keeping the lights on is a 5000mAh battery with 65w SuperDart charging.
realme GT Neo2 Price
The GT Neo2 is priced at CNY 2499(~Php 19.5k) for the 8GB/128GB variant, CNY 2699(~Php 21k) for the 8GB/256GB variant, and CNY 2999(~Php 23.4k) for the 12GB/256GB variant. All three variants will be available in China on September 27, and there’s no word on global availability yet.