Redmi expands the K40 line in China with the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition. As the name implies, this variant is intended to be a value-for-money phone with gaming-focused features.
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Gaming Edition Specs:
- Dimensity 1200 processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 120hz refresh rate, 480hz touch sampling rate, support for HDR10+ and DCI-P3, 10-bit color
- 64-megapixel f/2.0 main camera with PDAF, 2-megapixel f/2.4 macro camera, 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera
- 20-megapixel selfie camera
- 4G, 5G
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- IP53 rating, JBL-tuned stereo speakers, physical shoulder triggers
- 5000mAh battery
- 67w fast charging
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
With a slightly altered design from the rest of the K40 series, the Gaming Edition has a revamped triple rear camera module that consists of a 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and 2-megapixel macro camera. It also gains physical shoulder triggers, along with JBL-tuned stereo speakers that has support for both Hi-Res audio and Dolby Atmos for that immersive audio experience.
Powering it is a Dimensity 1200 processor with up to 12GB RAM and up to 256GB internal storage. Cooling is done using a combination of graphene, graphite, and a vapor chamber. You also get a bigger 5000mAh battery with 67w wired charging, and its 6.67-inch 120hz Full HD+ AMOLED display gets improvements like support for 10-bit color and 480hz touch sampling rate. For selfies, you get a 20-megapixel snapper situated in a centrally-placed punch-hole.
Redmi K40 Gaming Edition Price
The Redmi K40 Gaming Edition is priced at CNY 1999(~Php 15k) for the 6GB/128GB model, CNY 2199(~Php 16.5k) for the 8GB/128GB model, CNY 2399(~Php 18k) for the 8GB/256GB model, CNY 2699(~Php 20.2k) for the 12GB/128GB model, and CNY 2799(~Php 21k) for the 12GB/256GB model. In addition to that, the top-tier 12GB/256GB variant gets a special edition Bruce Lee-themed design.
All variants will go on sale in China on April 30.