While the Redmi Note 9 Series was popular around the globe, China was practically the only big market that did not get them–they got the Redmi 10X series instead. That changed this time when China got a different version of the Redmi Note 9 series: two of them being 5G-ready, and one being a close doppelgänger of the POCO M3.
Leading the pack is the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G, which is powered by a Snapdragon 750G processor that is paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB internal storage. Compared to its global sibling, the Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G is better in practically every aspect with features like:
- A 6.67-inch Full HD+ display with a centrally-placed punch-hole-for the 16-megapixel selfie snapper. This time, it sports a 120Hz refresh rate with an adaptive display feature that switches between 30Hz to 120Hz depending on the content being viewed;
- A quad-rear camera setup that is led by a 108-megapixel Samsung HM2 sensor that does 9-to-1 pixel binning. Accompanying it are a 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel macro camera, and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
- A slightly smaller 4820mAh battery with 33w wired charging that can fill up the battery in less than an our.
- A total of 11 antennas spread throughout the phone for good 5G reception.
Next up is the Redmi Note 9 5G, which goes for a 5G-ready Dimensity 800U processor instead. Aside from the design and 5G connectivity, key features of the China version include:
- A triple camera setup that is similar to the one used in the global version but ditches the depth sensor;
- The same 6.53-inch Full HD+ IPS display with a punch-hole for the 13-megapixel selfie snapper;
- Roughly the same 5000mAh battery with 18w wired charging;
- A slightly faster UFS 2.2 storage and stereo speakers.
Completing the lineup is the Redmi Note 9 4G, which looks similar to the POCO M3 save for a less exaggerated camera bump. Specs-wise, you are getting practically the same specs with the POCO M3, the only difference being the replacement of the macro camera for a more useful 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera.
Pricing for the three phones are as follows:
Redmi Note 9 4G
4GB/128GB – CNY 1000(~Php 7.4k)
6GB/128GB – CNY 1100(~Php 8.1k)
8GB/128GB – CNY 1300(~Php 9.6k)
Redmi Note 9 5G
6GB/128GB – CNY 1300(~Php 9.6k)
8GB/128GB – CNY 1500(~Php 11k)
8GB/256GB – CNY 1700(~Php 12.5k)
Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G
6GB/128GB – CNY 1600(~Php 11.7k)
8GB/128GB – CNY 1800(~Php 13.2k)
8GB/256GB – CNY 2000(~Php 14.7k)