Samsung Takes Another Stab at the Smart Watch
Late last week, Samsung uploaded a promotional teaser video for the upcoming Galaxy Gear S2. Here’s what we know about it so far based on what we’ve seen on the material as well as what we’ve uncovered from various sources online and inside the company.
- It will play heavily on the “circular” philosophy. This will be reflected on the hardware design and the actual software UI/UX.
- If you checked the video the way to navigate through the apps is via some sort of rotation. Maybe Samsung will also make a crown similar to the Apple Watch?
- The Galaxy Gear S2 might use Samsung’s own Tizen OS in lieu of Google Android Wear.
- It will be Samsung’s main offering and announcement during the IFA 2015 event in Berlin, Germany, on September 3.
- It will have a metallic build to give it a premium and luxurious look and feel.
- Full compliment of sensors: accelerometer, heart rate sensor, etc.
As soon as the announcement is made we’ll post updates here on the site so be sure to keep watching this space for more information about the Galaxy Gear S2!