After Samsung teased the local availability of the Galaxy M51 a few weeks ago, the brand finally announced the official price and availability of the big-batteried mid-range phone. Dubbed as a #MegaBeast, the Galaxy M51 offers a 64 MP main camera and a class-leading 7000mAh battery for Php 19,990.
Here’s what you can expect from the Galaxy M51:
- The M51’s main draw is its quad-camera setup with a 64-megapixel main camera, 12-megapixel ultrawide camera, 5-megapixel macro camera, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor
- A 32 MP front camera which makes for stunning selfies
- A class-leading 7000mAH Battery supported by 25w wired charging and reverse wired charging
- A powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor for smoother gameplay.
- A large 6.7-inch AMOLED Full HD+ Infinity-O display
- 128GB of internal storage and 8GB RAM
- The Galaxy M51 is available in two colors: Celestial Black and Electric Blue
From the specs, it seems that the Galaxy M51 is an affordable version of the Samsung Galaxy A71. Even the design looks very similar as well, though the Galaxy M51 is thicker due to the battery. Being Php 3k more affordable than the Galaxy A71, the only compromise with the Galaxy M51 so far is the fingerprint scanner: instead of an in-display variety, the Galaxy M51 settles for a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The Galaxy M51, along with Samsung’s Galaxy M Serries phones, is available for purchase online-only through the Samsung Online Store starting on September 25.