Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Specs Philippines
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display; 21.9:9 aspect ratio; Ultra Thin Glass
- 1.1-inch Super AMOLED outer display
- 256GB UFS 3.0 Non-expandable storage
- Dual rear cameras: 12-megapixel f/1.8 primary camera with Super Speed Dual Pixel PDAF and OIS; 12-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; with LED flash, Night Hyperlapse, 8x digital zoom, HDR10+ video recording, Tracking AF
- 10-megapixel f/2.4 front camera
- Dual SIM (eSIM and Nano SIM)
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, USB-C, RGB Light sensor, Dolby Atmos
- 3300mAh battery with 15w wired charging and 9w wireless charging
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
It’s stylish and attainable
It’s finally official: Samsung has announced the Galaxy Z Flip, a foldable smartphone that we want to buy. While the Galaxy Fold was a great proof-of-concept device for foldable smartphones, it was big, unwieldy and too bulky for mass consumption.
The Galaxy Z Flip is the complete opposite of that. The Z Flip resembles the clamshell smartphones of yore and yields a large, 6.7-inch full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED display when flipped open.
And unlike the Galaxy Fold, the Galaxy Z Flip has glass protecting its new Infinity Flex display – Samsung developed a proprietary, bendable ultra-thin glass (UTG) to protect the OLED panel underneath, which wasn’t on the earlier Galaxy Fold which had plastic protection that led to a bunch of issues in the first batch of devices.
Samsung is also promising that the Z Flip’s hinge will be incredibly durable as well, and integrates “sweeper technology” which uses nylon fibers crafted by micro-height-cutting technology to repel dirt and dust.
Unlike Motorola’s new Razr, Samsung didn’t skimp out on the hardware for the Z Flip – it’s packed with flagship-level optics on the rear (12-megapixel ultra-wide camera and 12-megapixel wide-angle shooters used on their flagship phones), as well as a Snapdragon 855+ processor paired with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The battery is a little low at 3,300mAh, but that’s to be expected considering the phone’s profile.
The Galaxy Z Flip is priced at Php 79,990 and will be available for pre-order starting February 14. It will be available starting February 21.