Sony’s Xperia XZ Premium commands premium pricing
Sony has finally officially priced the Xperia XZ Premium, their slow-mo camera toting, 4K display equipped, Snapdragon 835 powered-flagship today. The new, shiny flagship is slated to be priced at Php 45,490 when it becomes available for pre-order at the beginning of June.
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 64-bit processor
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch 4K HDR Triluminos display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 3840 × 2160 resolution
- 64GB UFS internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 19-megapixel, 1/2.3-inch Exmor RS Motion Eye rear camera with Hybrid AF, Super slow motion 960fps video capture, SteadyShot with Intelligent Active Mode (5-axis stabilization)
- 13-megapixel 1/3.06-inch Exmor RS front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, Gigabit LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, IP68 certification, USB Type-C, Fingerprint sensor
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3,230mAh battery
The Xperia XZ Premium is one of the two phones that we know of that has a 4K display – the first ever phone with a 4K display, the Z5 Premium, had a 4K-capable display, though with a few limitations – namely the display only switched to 4K when viewing 4K content.
Pre-orders for the phone will begin on June 1 and will run to June 18, and pre-order customers get a free Sony Wireless Bluetooth Speaker for their trouble (worth Php 4,999) when they place their order. The phone will be available in Deep Sea black and Luminous Chrome colors at launch, with a third color, Bronze Pink, becoming available at the end of July.