Sony’s 4K display phone is arriving in the country
It’s official: Sony’s high-end, Xperia XZ Premium is officially launching in the Philippines on May 23. The Xperia XZ Premium, first announced during Mobile World Congress, is the company’s first ever Snapdragon 835-powered handset and is the first phone in the world to have a 4K resolution display (that didn’t magically turn to 1080P when you weren’t looking at 4K content).
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 64-bit processor
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch 4K HDR Triluminos display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 3840 × 2160 resolution
- 64GB UFS internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 19-megapixel, 1/2.3-inch Exmor RS Motion Eye rear camera with Hybrid AF, Super slow motion 960fps video capture, SteadyShot with Intelligent Active Mode (5-axis stabilization)
- 13-megapixel 1/3.06-inch Exmor RS front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, Gigabit LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, IP68 certification, USB Type-C, Fingerprint sensor
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 3,230mAh battery
Just like the XZs, the Xperia XZ Premium also has Sony’s Super Slow Motion-capable 19-megapixel rear camera, and all the other flagship features that you’ve come to expect from such a phone. We still don’t know how much the phone will cost, but considering the lower-specc’d Xperia XZs is priced at Php 39,990, you can expect it to be a pretty penny indeed.