Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Just Around The Corner?
Sony is gearing up to launch their newest flagship smartphone, the Sony Xperia Z1 “Honami”, on September 4 at IFA in Berlin, Germany. They’ll also be having a regional launch in Malaysia on the same day and we’ll be there to cover the event live. This new smartphone boasts of monstrous internals powered by the same raging 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor that we saw with the Sony Xperia Z Ultra. The big news bit about it though is the primary camera. Sony equipped this with a 20.7-megapixel primary camera with the new Sony Lens G. The sensor of the camera is quite big at 1/2.3-inches which will allow it to capture more detail, light, and color.
Here’s a quick rundown of the leaked specifications.
Sony Xperia Z1 “Honami” Leaked Specs
- 2.2Ghz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 5.0-inch Triluminos display with X-Reality engine and 1080p (Full HD) resolution
- 1/2.3-inch 20.7-megapixel primary camera, Exmor RS display with Sony Lens G, BIONZ for mobile image processor
- 2.0-megapixel Exmor R secondary camera
- WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, LTE, NFC, MHL, Bluetooth, GPS/aGPS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2
- IPX5/IPX7 certification (waterproof)
>>> SEE ALSO: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Full Review
Sony also released a teaser promotional video for the device which we’ve embedded below for your viewing pleasure.
Please do follow Unbox closely starting September 4 as we cover the launch event live in Malaysia. We will definitely get some hands-on time with the actual device so expect videos, photos, and more during the event!