One more thing…
Aside from the Mi 9, Xiaomi made a surprise announcement by unveiling the Mi 9 SE. Billed as a lightweight version, the Mi 9 SE is the first phone to use Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 712 processor. You only have 6GB RAM on the Mi 9 SE, though you can choose between 64GB or 128GB of internal storage.
It has a triple rear camera setup, in-display fingerprint scanner, and a 48-megapixel Sony IMX 586 camera like its more expensive sibling, though the Mi 9 SE has a smaller Super AMOLED display and a smaller battery with support for 18W quick charging.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 octa-core processor
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 5.97-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, 18:7.9 aspect ratio, support for DCI-P3, 60000:1 Contrast Ratio, Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 64GB/128GB internal storage
- Triple rear camera setup: 48-megapixel f/1.75 Sony IMX586 main camera with 6P lens; 8-megapixel telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom; 13-megapixel f/2.4 wide-angle camera, Dual Pixel and Laser Autofocus, dual-tone flash, AI scene detection, and AI portrait
- 20-megapixel f/2.0 front camera with 1.8um pixels, AI Portrait, AI Beauty
- Dual SIM, with 4G LTE, LTE-A
- Dual Frequency GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Reading Mode 2.0, Game Turbo
- 3070mAh battery with 18W Quick Charging
- Android Pie with MIUI 10
The Mi 9 SE will retail for CNY 1999(~Php 15.5k) for the 6GB/64GB variant and CNY 2299(~Php 17.8k) for the 6GB/128GB version.