realme wants to challenge the K40 Pro for the most affordable Snapdragon 888-powered phone with the realme GT 5G. Both realme and Redmi offerings go head-to-head in terms of specs, with the GT 5G having its fair share of advantages.
realme GT 5G Specs:
- Snapdragon 888 processor
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 6.43-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 120hz refresh rate, 360hz touch sampling rate, support for HDR10+ and DCI-P3
- 64-megapixel f/1.8 main camera with PDAF, 2-megapixel f/2.4 macro camera, 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera
- 16-megapixel selfie camera
- 4G, 5G
- WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers
- 4500mAh battery
- 65w fast charging
- Android 11, realme UI 2.0
The GT 5G’s Snapdragon 888 processor is paired with 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage–though the latter is not expandable. It has a smaller 6.43-inch display compared to the Redmi K40 Pro, though it has the same set of features: Full HD+, 120hz refresh rate, and 360hz touch sampling rate.
Going to the rear cameras, the GT 5G’s triple rear camera setup consists of a 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and 2-megapixel depth sensor, with a 16-megapixel camera taking care of selfies.
Powering it is a 4500mAh battery, and the GT 5G has an advantage over the Redmi K40 Pro as the former boasts of fast 65w charging speeds. Like its Redmi rival, you also get stereo speakers and Android 11 with the GT 5G.
realme GT 5G Philippines Price
realme’s Snapdragon 888-sporting flagship will be available in China for CNY 2799(~Php 21.1k) for the 8GB/128GB model and CNY 3299(~Php 24.2k) for the 12GB/256GB model–making the realme GT 5G matching the Redmi K40 Pro for the most affordable phone with Qualcomm’s 2021 flagship SoC. The first sale is happening today, and there’s no word yet if realme intends to make its flagship phone available outside of China.