Another affordable 5G device joins the fray
With Huawei, OPPO, and Xiaomi launching affordable 5G devices lately, Vivo joins the trend with the Y70s 5G. Instead of using a Dimensity 800 or 820 processor, the Y70s opts for an Exynos 880. Samsung’s new processor is based on an 8nm process and has two Cortex-A77 cores at 2Ghz and six Cortex-A55 cores at 1.8Ghz, along with Mali-G76 MP5 GPU.
Going to the spec sheet, the Y70s has a 6.53-inch Full HD+ display with a punch-hole for the 16-megapixel selfie snapper. The triple rear camera setup consists of a 48-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and 2-megapixel depth sensor. Powering it is a 4500mAh battery with 18w charging.
vivo Y70s Specs
- Samsung Exynos 880 octa-core processor
- Mali-G76 MP5
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ IPS display
- 128GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB)
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth-sensor; PDAF, LED flash, AI Scene Recognition, Super Night Mode
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, 5G (sub-6Ghz)
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Side-mounted Fingerprint scanner
- 4500mAh battery with 18W wired charging
- Android 10 with FunTouch 10
The Y70s is priced at CNY 1998(~Php 14.1k) for the 6GB/128GB model and CNY 2198(~Php 15.6k) for the 8GB/128GB model. It will be available in China on June 1.