The disruptive budget flagship gets a release date and pricing for PH
Pocophone, Xiaomi’s new sub-brand has officially launched their market-disrupting, budget flagship, the F1, in Southeast Asia through a media event in Indonesia. The new budget flagship is hailed as the most affordable device to run a flagship Snapdragon 845 processor, undercutting even its mother brand’s already affordable offerings by almost half.
The Pocophone F1 is “the king of speed”—at least to the folks that made it, and comes with top-tier hardware like Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 processor, 6GB of RAM, and 64GB/128GB expandable storage, as well as formidable dual cameras and a large 4000mAh battery.
The Pocophone F1 is priced in Indonesia at RP 4,499,900 for the 6GB/64GB model and RP 4,999,999 for the 6GB/128GB model. RP 5,199,000 for the Armored edition.
In the Philippines, the Pocophone F1 will arrive via Lazada initially, and at Mi Authorized stores on September 6. Pricing is at Php 17,990 for the 6GB/64GB variant, and PHP 19,990 for the 6GB/128GB variant. That’s an incredibly low price for what is for all intents and purposes, a flagship device.
We’ve spent a bit of time with the Pocophone F1 during its lead up to its launch here in Indonesia, which you can read here.
Pocophone F1 specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 6.18-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass
- 64GB/128GB of UFS 2.1 storage, expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD
- 12-megapixel f/1.8 Sony IMX363 and 5-megapixel Samsung rear cameras with 1.4um pixels, Dual Pixel Autofocus, dual-tone flash, AI scene detection and AI portrait
- 20-megapixel f/2.0 front camera with 1.8um pixels, AI Portrait, AI Beauty
- Dual SIM, with 4G LTE, LTE-A, Dual VoLTE
- Dual Frequency GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, LiquidCool system, IR face unlock, Dirac HD stereo audio, Dual Smart PA amplifier
- 4000mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- Android Oreo with MIUI for POCO overlay