New phones from Xiaomi!
Xiaomi Philippines completes its lineup of offerings by adding the flagship killer POCO F2 Pro and budget-friendly Redmi 9. Unveiled last May, the POCO F2 Pro is the successor of the Pocophone F1, and comes with a Snapdragon 865 processor paired with up to 8GB RAM and up to 256GB internal storage. It does not scrimp on features, as the POCO F2 Pro comes with a 64-megapixel main rear camera, Super AMOLED display, vapor chamber cooling, and a 4700mAh battery with 30w wired charging.
The Redmi 9, on the other hand, is the brand’s newest budget phone, replacing last year’s Redmi 8. Aside from a performance boost with its Helio G80 processor, the Redmi 9 gets a bigger Full HD+ display, and quad rear cameras: 13-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel macro camera, and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
POCO F2 Pro specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X/8GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, 18:7.9 aspect ratio, support for DCI-P3 and HDR10+, 180hz touch response rate, 500000:1 Contrast Ratio, Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 128GB/256GB of non-expandable UFS 3.1 storage
- Quadruple rear camera setup: 64-megapixel f/1.8 IMX 686 main camera with OIS and EIS, 8p lens; 13-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 5-megapixel f/1.8 Telemacro camera with 3-5cm AF range and 2x optical zoom; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; Dual Pixel and Laser Autofocus, dual-tone flash, AI scene detection, 8K video recording
- 20-megapixel f/2.2 pop-up front camera
- Dual SIM, with 4G LTE, LTE-A, 5G
- Dual Frequency GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Vapor Chamber cooling, Hi-Res audio
- 4700mAh battery with 30w wired Charging
- Android 10 with POCO Launcher 2.0
Xiaomi Redmi 9 specs
- MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ resolution display with dot-notch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 32GB/64GB of expandable internal storage
- Quad rear cameras: 13-megapixel f/2.2 main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel macro camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor; with AI, PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner
- 5020mAh battery, USB Type-C connector, 18W fast charging
The POCO F2 Pro is priced at Php 29,990 for the 8GB/256GB model and Php 26,990 for the 6GB/128GB model. Both variants will be available today at Authorized Mi Stores and at Xiaomi’s Official Lazada Store on June 18. Xiaomi’s official Lazada store will hold a flash sale on June 18, where both variants of the POCO F2 Pro will be Php 2,000 cheaper.
The Redmi 9 is priced at Php 6,990 for the 3GB/32GB model and Php 7,490 for the 4GB/64GB model. Both will be available at the Xiaomi Official Global Store in Shopee on June 16 and at other sales channels on June 30. The Redmi 9 will have a flash sale on June 16, where the 3GB/32GB variant of the Redmi 9 will be sold for Php 6,490.