And two controllers for both sides of the phone
Six months after Xiaomi unveiled the Black Shark gaming phone, the Chinese brand follows it up with the Black Shark Helo.
While it sports the same Snapdragon 845 processor, the Black Shark Helo has up to 10GB of RAM, paired with up to 256GB of storage. That’s a whole lot of RAM to make sure your games perform flawlessly even at max settings.
In addition, the Black Shark Helo gets a dual vapor chamber cooling system, along with a Gamer Studio App that lets you tweak the CPU, display, and network according to the game you are playing.
The displays get an upgrade too. This time, you have a slightly larger AMOLED panel that is HDR10-compliant. It can also upscale SDR videos to HDR thanks to a dedicated chip. While you lose the headphone jack, the Black Shark Helo makes up for it with front-firing stereo speakers.
Of course, it is not a gaming phone without RGB lighting and external peripherals: the Black Shark Helo has RGB lighting on both sides of the phone and on the Black Shark logo at the back. For the controllers, the 10GB version comes with two controllers out of the box, while the 6GB and 8GB versions have one.
Xiaomi Black Shark Helo specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 630 graphics unit
- 6GB/8GB/10GB RAM, UFS 2.1
- 6.01-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 18:9 aspect ratio, 97% DCI-P3 coverage
- 128GB/256GB of expandable storage
- 12-megapixel f/1.75 primary rear camera and 20-megapixel f/1.75 secondary rear camera with dual LED flash, PDAF, Dark Light enhancement, Portrait mode
- 20-megapixel f/2.2 front camera with beauty mode, 4K recording
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE, LTE-A
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, liquid cooling system, stereo speakers
- 4000mAh battery
- Android Oreo with JOY UI
The Black Shark Helo retails for CNY3,199(~Php 24.8k) for the 6GB version and CNY3,499 (~Php 27.1k) for the 8GB version. There’s no word yet on the pricing of the 10GB version as of this writing.