Right on schedule, Motorola is officially the first brand to launch a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1-powered phone with the Edge X30. Announced in China, the Edge X30 is a premium device that also comes in an SE variant that boasts an under-display camera.
Motorola Edge X30 Specs
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ OLED display, 144hz refresh rate, HDR10, DCI-P3, 10-bit color
- 50-megapixel f/1.88 main camera with Omni PDAF and OIS; 50-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 macro camera
- 60-megapixel f/2.2 selfie camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Dolby Atmos
- 5000mAh battery
- 68W charging
- Android 12, Motorola MyOS 3.0
Aside from being the first phone to use Qualcomm’s new top-tier processor, the Edge X30 is a flagship through and through with its 6.67-inch OLED display with a 144hz refresh rate and a punch-hole for a class-leading 60-megapixel selfie shooter. The SE version takes things up a notch, ditching the punch-hole for an under-display camera solution.
Speaking of cameras, the Edge X30 comes with a triple rear camera setup that consists of a 50-megapixel f/1.88 OV50A main camera with OIS, 50-megapixel ISOCELL GM1 ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 2-megapixel macro camera. Paired with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1’s processing power, the Edge X30 can shoot 8K video natively. Keeping the lights on is a 5000mAh battery that supports 68w wired charging–the fastest charging speed on a Motorola phone to date.
The Edge X30 is priced at CNY 3,199 (~P25.3k) for the 8GB/128GB variant, CNY 3,399 (~Php26.9k) for the 8GB/256GB variant, and CNY 3,599 (~Php28.5k) for the 12GB/256GB variant. The SE version with an under-display camera is priced at CNY 3,999 or (~Php 31.7k) for the 12GB/256GB variant.
While the Edge X30 will be available initially in China, Motorola is expected to make the phone available globally as the Edge 30 Ultra.