With the holiday season approaching, more Filipinos will be receiving remittances from relatives abroad as part of their celebrations. But with the current public health situation, physically claiming remittances via Western Union is an iffy affair, thankfully digital financial service provider PayMaya is letting users claim their remittances via the PayMaya app on their phones.
What’s even better is that PayMaya is giving users cashbacks of up to Php 500 on your their first Western Union remittance plus a chance to win Php 10,000 in a raffle draw.
Recipients who claim a minimum amount of Php 3,000 via Western Union on their PayMaya account for the first time can get a random cashback of either Php 50, Php 100, or Php 500 from today until January 15, 2021. The promo is open to all new and existing PayMaya app users who have an upgraded account, claimed remittance with a minimum amount of P3,000 from Western Union via the add money feature, and transacted like paying bills, buy load and shop online and instore, with a minimum spend of P500.00 during the entire promo period. This will earn them a raffle entry for a chance to win Php 100,000 PayMaya credits in the raffle draw!
Claiming your Western Union remittance via PayMaya is not only convenient but also easy, here’s how to do it:
1. Open your PayMaya app and tap Add Money near the top right of your screen.
2. Tap Western Union from the list of Add Money Partners.
3. Enter the 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) from your sender’s Western Union® transaction.
4. Tap Receive on your confirmation screen after verifying the correct transaction details (e.g. MTCN, Sender Name, Amount)
5. Check for the in-app and SMS confirmation of the successful receipt of your money
Start remitting with your PayMaya account by downloading the PayMaya app.