Will this become Cherry Mobile’s most affordable octa-core smartphone ever?
Yesterday we told you about Cherry Mobile’s Infinix Pure XL, the newest 5.5-inch octa-core smartphone from the pinoy brand. Apparently it has a smaller, more affordable brother, the Infinix Pure. The Infinix Pure has a potential to become Cherry Mobile’s most affordable octa-core smartphone, for reasons that we’ll go into later. First, let’s check out its specs:
Cherry Mobile Infinix Pure specs
- 1.4GHz MediaTek 6592M octa-core processor
- Mali450-MP2 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 5-inch HD IPS display, 720 x 1280 resolution
- 8-megapixel rear camera with BSI and flash
- 2-megapixel front facing camera
- Dual-SIM (micro SIM)
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB OTG
- 2100mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat
As you can clearly see, the Infinix Pure has roughly the same specs as its bigger brother. Now the price of the Infinix Pure XL is Php 6,999. Cherry Mobile’s most affordable octa-core smartphone is currently the Pulse, priced at Php 6,499. We’ve confirmed that Cherry Mobile isn’t retiring the Pulse as of yet, leading to us to two possible scenarios:
- The Infinix Pure will be priced lower than the Pulse (probably at around Php 5,990), possible because of its lower clocked SoC and Cherry Mobile’s earlier confirmation about the Pulse not being phased out.
- Cherry Mobile Cuts the price of the Pulse, with the Infinix Pure taking its place in the Php 6,499 price bracket
We think the first pricing scheme is more likely as it doesn’t make sense for Cherry Mobile to replace the Pulse with a device that has roughly the same features and a slower clocked SoC. Regardless, Cherry Mobile will be announcing the official price of the Infinix Pure in a few days time, so we’ll find out then what the price really is.