LG plans to take advantage of Samsung’s Galaxy S8 no-show at the MWC 2017 with a big flagship unveiling in the form of the LG G6. The Korean electronics firm’s previous flagship G5, according to company data, was met with extremely poor sales. Can they turn the tide with this sixth-generation offering? Let’s find out.
LG G6 (Rumored Specs)
- 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 5.7-inch IPS LDC display, 2880×1440 resolution, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 64GB/128GB expandable storage, via microSD
- Twin 16-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, laser AF, 3-axis OIS, LED flash
- 12-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner, IP68 certification
- Android 7.0 Nougat
LG flagship handsets have always been chockful with bells and whistles and the G6 isn’t exempt. Though innovation isn’t the company’s strong suit (ala Samsung), LG makes premium handsets that have latest, tested internals. There’s nothing really new or ground-breaking with the G6, but its hardware and features are all up to spec for its positioning.
While the G5 went modular in design philosophy, the G6 is going back to basics with a standard build, albeit with thin bezels and an odd 18:9 aspect ratio. The G6’s hardware checks out as competitive enough for the flagship tier, so it’s probably going to boil down to pricing again, on whether this phone will steal the market spotlight.