OnePlus expands the 9 series in China with the announcement of the 9RT. Contrary to its naming scheme, the 9RT is not a direct successor to the India-only 9R. Instead, the 9RT is more of a variation of the OnePlus 9 series sans the Hasselblad branding.
OnePlus 9RT Specs:
- Snapdragon 888 processor
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 6.62-inch Full HD+ Samsung E4 AMOLED display, 120hz refresh rate, 600hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+
- 50-megapixel f/2.2 Sony IMX 766 main camera with PDAF and OIS, 16-megapixel f/2/2 ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor
- 16-megapixel f/2.4 Sony IMX 471 selfie camera
- 3G, 4G, 5G
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, in-display fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Space Cooling
- 4500mAh battery
- 65w wired charging
- Android 11, ColorOS 11
The 9RT is similar to the main 9 series with its use of a Snapdragon 888 processor that is paired with up to 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage, along with a 4500mAh battery with 65w wired charging. The 9RT also has a 50-megapixel IMX 766 camera, though it is used as the main camera (the same sensor is used as an ultra-wide-angle for the 9 and 9 Pro). Accompanying the 50-megapixel main camera is a 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
Making the 9RT different is the display and cooling system. It comes with a bigger 6.62-inch Samsung E4 AMOLED panel with a 120hz refresh rate and 600hz touch response rate for a better gaming experience. Speaking of gaming, the 9RT makes use of a Space Cooling system that has a 59% larger heat sink for up to 20% better heat dissipation for those long gaming sessions. Since the 9RT will be exclusive to China (or at least for now), it will come with ColorOS 11 instead of OxygenOS 11.
OnePlus 9RT Price
The OnePlus 9RT is priced at CNY 3299(~Php 26k) for the 8GB/128GB model, CNY 3499(~Php 27.6k) for the 8GB/256GB model, and CNY 3799(~Php 29.9k) for the 12GB/256GB model. That places it between the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro in terms of pricing. There’s no word yet if the 9RT will be available globally.