As part of its mid-year refresh, Samsung announced an updated version of the Galaxy A52 with the Galaxy A52s 5G. Being an -s model, the main upgrade on this phone is with the processor, along with a 25w charger included in the box (the Galaxy A52 4G and 5G only came with a 15w charger out of the box).
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Specs:
- Snapdragon 778G processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB storage, expandable via MicroSD
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display, 120hz refresh rate
- 64-megapixel f/1.8 main camera with PDAF and OIS, 12-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera, 5-megapixel f/2.4 macro camera, 5-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor
- 32-megapixel f/2.2 selfie camera
- 4G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, in-display fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers, IP67 rating
- 4500mAh battery
- 25w charging
- Android 11, OneUI 3.1
While people had mixed opinions about the Galaxy A52 5G using a Snapdragon 750G processor, Samsung made up for it this time by using a Snapdragon 778G processor on the Galaxy A52s 5G. The Snapdragon 778G is a variation of the Snapdragon 780G, as it is a 6nm processor that features four Cortex-A78-based Kryo 670 cores, Adreno 642L GPU, and an X53 5G modem. Those are significant upgrades compared to the 8nm-based Snapdragon 750G used on the Galaxy A52 5G, which used Cortex-A77-based cores.
Save for the processor change, you are getting the same set of features: 6.5-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 120hz refresh rate, 64-megapixel f/1.8 main rear camera with OIS, and a 4500mAh battery with support for up to 25w wired charging.
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Price
The Galaxy A52s 5G is available for pre-order in the UK starting September 3 for 410 Pounds(~Php 28.4k) for the 6GB/128GB variant. European prices are usually more expensive, so expect it to have a more palatable price for the Asia market.