Aside from the RAZR 2022, Motorola also announced another groundbreaking with the X30 Pro. The new flagship is the first to use a 200-megapixel sensor in the form of the ISOCELL HP1. To recap, the ISOCELL HP1 has 0.64-micron pixels, and its ChameleonCell pixel-binning tech allows it to transform into either a 50-megapixel sensor with 1.28-micron pixels or a 12.5-megapixel sensor with 2.56-micron pixels depending on the lighting situation. To further make the most out of the main camera, Motorola added OIS and Omni PDAF to it.
Accompanying the 200-megapixel main camera are a 50-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera and a 12-megapixel f/1.6 IMX663 telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom. Since this is a flagship device, you get a curved 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a 144hz refresh rate, an in-display fingerprint scanner, and a punch-hole for a 60-megapixel selfie shooter.
Keeping the lights on is a 4610mAh battery that supports 120w wired charging and 50w wireless charging. With all those specs, the X30 Pro is running for the most powerful non-gaming flagship phone.
Motorola X30 Pro Specs
- Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB/256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ Curved OLED display, 144hz refresh rate, 1500hz touch sampling rate, 10-bit color with Gorilla Glass
- 200-megapixel f/1.88 ISOCELL HP1 main camera with Omni PDAF and OIS; 50-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 12-megapixel f/1.6 IMX663 telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom
- 60-megapixel f/2.2 OV60a selfie camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Dolby Atmos, IP52 rating
- 4610mAh battery
- 125W charging, 50w wireless charging
- Android 12, Motorola MyOS 4.0
Motorola X30 Pro comes in black and white colors and starts at CNY 3699 (~Php 30.4k) for the 8GB/128GB variant and goes up to CNY 4499 (~Php 37k) for the 12GB/512GB model. Open sales in China start today (August 11), and there’s no word yet if Motorola will make it available outside of China–but rumors say that it will launch globally as the Edge 30 Ultra.