An affordable version of the Red Magic 5G
Nubia has unveiled its second phone with a 144hz display with the Play 5G. Positioned as an affordable alternative to the Red Magic 5G, the Play 5G is a gaming phone with its blazing fast 144hz AMOLED panel that is free of any notch or cutouts. Powering it is a Snapdragon 765G processor with 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB internal storage. It inherits some of the Red Magic 5G’s features like shoulder triggers, liquid cooling, and DTS audio.
Design-wise, the Play 5G has a similar X-pattern back panel design with the Red Magic 5G. On the Play 5G, you get a quad-rear camera setup that comprises of a 48-megapixel IMX 582 main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor, and 2-megapixel macro camera. Keeping the lights on is a large 5100mAh battery with 30w PD charging and Android 10-based Red Magic OS.
Nubia Play 5G specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 6.65-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 144hz refresh rate, 240hz touch response rate
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.7 IMX 582 main camera; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor; 2-megapixel macro camera; PDAF, LED flash
- 12-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- 3G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- In-display fingerprint scanner, liquid cooling, DTS audio, Shoulder triggers
- 5100mAh battery with 30w PD charging
- Android 10 with Red Magic OS
The Play 5G is priced at CNY 2400(~Php 17.3k) for the 6GB/128GB model, CNY 2700(~Php 19.4k) for the 8GB/128GB model, and CNY 3000(~Php 21.6k) for the 8GB/256GB model. All three models will be available in China on April 24.