While the highlight of Xiaomi’s latest announcements is the 12s series that includes the Ultra model, the Chinese tech giant also made official the most affordable model with the 12 Lite. Initially surfacing a few weeks ago, the Xiaomi 12 Lite is the successor to last year’s 11 Lite 5G NE.
While it also uses a 6.55-inch AMOLED display, the 12 Lite bumps the refresh rate to 120hz, while the punch-hole houses a high-resolution 32-megapixel ISOCELL GD2 selfie shooter with autofocus.
You have the same camera module design like the rest of the 12 series, though the main camera is a 108-megapixel ISOCELL HM2. Accompanying it is an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
The processor and RAM/storage configurations is the same as the 11 Lite 5G NE, though the battery is slightly larger at 4300mAh and now supports 67w wired charging.
Xiaomi 12 Lite Specs
- Snapdragon 778G processor
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.2 storage
- 6.55-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 120hz refresh rate, 10-bit color
- 108-megapixel f/1.79 ISOCELL HM2 main camera with PDAF, 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel macro camera
- 32-megapixel f/2.5 ISOCELL GD2 selfie camera with AF
- 4G, 5G
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, in-display fingerprint scanner
- 4300mAh battery
- 67w fast charging
- Android 12, MIUI 13
The Xiaomi 12 Lite is priced at $400(Php 22.4k) for the 6GB/128GB model, $450(Php 25.2k) for the 8GB/128GB model, and $500(Php 28k) for the 8GB/256GB model.