The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has issued Memorandum Circular No. 2022-2335, allowing motorists to request for special or vanity plates once again. Read on to find out the price and requirements for vanity plates in the Philippines.
The memorandum, known as Optional Motor Vehicles Special Plates, is only applicable to cars, SUVs, AUVs, pick-ups, commuter vans as well as imported vehicles. It is not available for PUVs, Cargo Trucks, service vehicles (e.g., hotel limos, tourists vehicles, cars for rent, ambulances ands funeral vehicles), vintage vehicles, government vehicles, diplomatic or other exempt vehicles (OEVs), as well as motor vehicles with more than 4-wheels.
In addition, the memo requires owners to personally appear before LTO, instead of the dealer.
Vanity Plates Price:
1. 15,000 PHP for Three (3) Alpha and Three (3) Numeric characters.
- any three alphanumeric combinations + triple numeric except 000, or
- any three alphanumeric combinations + any three numeric combinations which are not yet issued
2. 25,000 PHP for Three (3) Alpha and Two (2) Numeric combination except 00
3. 35,000 PHP for Three (3) Alpha and Four (4) Numeric characters.
- any three alphanumeric combinations + quadruple numeric except 0000
- any three alphanumeric combinations + any four numeric combination which are not yet issued as series
Vanity Plates Requirements:
- Duly accomplished OMVSP application form by the owner or duly authorized representative.
- Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of No Plate Issued
- ID of the Authorized Rep or Owner
- Authorization Letter from Owner (If Applicable)
However, according to LTO, all requests are subject to approval and applicants with an existing alarm or apprehension in the LTO-IT System/LTMS or PNP – Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG) will not be approved. The LTO also states that no OMVSP that carries connotations offensive to good taste and decency or which has sexual, racial, lewd, inappropriate meanings shall be issued. So when applying, make sure you have a clean record and keep that plate classy guys.