With vivo deciding to skip the long-rumored X80 Pro+, they have decided to go ahead and unveil the X90 Pro+ as the first smartphone to use the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor and UFS 4.0 storage (up to 512GB). While it appears to have the same 6.78-inch 120hz curved AMOLED display as the X80 Pro, the X90 Pro+ uses a newer LTPO4 Samsung E6 panel, which should make the phone more power-efficient.
The main star of the show with the X90 Pro+ is its insane quad-rear camera setup that has no filler cameras. The main camera is now a 1-inch IMX989 sensor that has an f/1.75 aperture and OIS, and is 77% bigger than the ISOCELL GNV used on the X80 Pro. The portrait camera is a 50-megapixel f/1.6 camera with OIS and a 50mm focal length, while the telephoto camera is a 64-megapixel variety with 3.5x optical zoom and OIS. Wrapping up its packed setup is the same IMX598 ultra-wide-angle camera used on the X80 Pro.
Beyond the stacked camera setup, you also get an updated V2 ISP for better image processing, Zeiss T* lens coating, and a high-quality glass element. With that setup, the X90 Pro+ is capable of shooting 8K video at 30FPs, along with support for a 14-bit RAW video mode, Dolby Vision, and LOG format. On top of that, the X90 Pro+ can capture stills at up to 10FPS while shooting video.
Like the X80 Pro, you also get a 4700mAh battery that supports 80w wired and 50w wireless charging, IP68 rating, and stereo speakers. Being announced in China, you get OriginOS 3 out of the box.
vivo X90 Pro+ Specs
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor
- 12GB RAM
- 256GB/512GB UFS 4.0 storage
- 6.78-inch Quad HD+ LTPO4 AMOLED display, 120hz refresh rate, 1000hz touch response rate, 10-bit color,, Dolby Vision
- 50-megapixel f/1.75 IMX989 main camera with OIS and PDAF, 48-megapixel f/2.2 IMX598 ultra-wide-angle camera, 50-megapixel f/1.6 IMX758 telephoto with 2x optical zoom and OIS, 64-megapixel periscope camera with 3.5x optical zoom and OIS, ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating, vivo V2 ISP
- 32-megapixel f/2.45 selfie camera
- LTE, 4G, 5G
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.3
- In-display fingerprint scanner, IP68 rating, HiFi audio, stereo speakers
- 4700mAh battery
- 80w wired charging, 50w wireless charging
- Android 12, OriginOS 3
The X90 Pro+ is priced at CNY 6500(~Php 52.2k) for the 256GB model and CNY 7000(~Php 56.2k) for the 512GB model. There’s no word if vivo will make it available globally.