NCR+, the moniker for the capital and its surrounding regions, has emerged from the harshest lockdown level imposed by the gov’t (ECQ) to the second-highest MECQ, starting Monday, April 12, 2021. . A Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) is a relaxed version of ECQ where establishments that are deemed non-essential during ECQ may operate within a limited capacity. This quarantine status will apply to NCR+ which covers Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal starting tomorrow. With all the talk of three and four-letter quarantine qualifications (and the fact we might have already forgetten what all these letters mushed together means) here’s a quick refresher on the MECQ guidelines for 2021.
MECQ 2021 Guidelines
- Persons Recommended to Stay at home – Persons below 18 years old, over sixty-five years old, pregnant women, those with immunodeficiency, comorbidity, or other health risks, except for obtaining essential goods and services or for work.
- Gatherings – Outdoor and indoor gatherings with persons out of your immediate household remain prohibited. However, religious gatherings shall be allowed up to 10% of the venue capacity.
- Schools – Face-to-face or in-person classes shall be suspended. We recommend improving on your home internet or if you absolutely need a new home-schooling gadget you may apply for a loan from Landbank.
- Transportation – Road, rail, maritime, and aviation sectors of the public transportation sector may operate. Biking is encouraged. Couriers, delivery services, and public transportation services like GrabCar are allowed to operate. You can get essential goods and services even without having to leave your home by using these grocery apps.
- ID Requirements – IDs proving a place of work or Quarantine passes will be recognized when required by LGU. It’s recommended that you have your existing Quarantine pass with you when you go out.
- Restaurants – Restaurants may operate however only take-our and pick-ups are allowed.
- Curfew hours – A unified curfew may be imposed by LGUs as NCR+ reverts to MECQ. Please check with your local LGU regarding changes.
- Facilities not permitted to operate – Entertainment venues with live performances, recreational venues, Amusement parks, outdoor sports courts of venues for contact sports, indoor sports courts, indoor leisure centers, casinos, an indoor visitor of tourist attractions, conference or exhibition venues, personal care establishments such as parlors, spas, and similar establishments.