One of our fondest memories as a millennial was watching Slam Dunk on free TV back in the 90’s, rooting on Sakuragi and his team to victory during lazy afternoons. Fans of the anime will be happy to know that they’ll finally be able to play as team Shohoku in the mobile game adaptation Slam Dunk, a real-time 3v3 basketball game based on the Japanese Anime of the same title. The app is developed by DeNA Hong Kong and Toei Animation so players can expect to see a lot of the anime’s elements inside the game. The being said, you get to play the game as one of the characters from Shohoku High using signature basketball skills from the series like “Hua Hua Defense”, “Akagi Dunk” and “Lightning Fast.”
The game lets you play through 10 chapters of the original anime in Story Mode. The most enticing feature yet would be the different PvP modes you can play with your friends or with other players online. This includes 1v1 Solo Match, 2v2 Duo Match, Full-Court 3v3, and Full-Court 5v5.
Slam Dunk is being offered for beta testing on Android. One would need to register on their official website in order to participate. It’s important to note that testing is limited to 30,000 allocated ID slots for users in the Asia region. The beta testing phase is set to start from today until October 30 at 7:00 PM Philippine Standard Time.
To participate in the beta testing, you may fill out the form on the game’s official website. Interested players can either pre-register to download the game or join the Kaede Rukawa Lucky Draw.
Mechanics to participate in beta testing:
1. Download the application from Google Play, please be noted that the application is supported by Android devices.
2. This is a quota-limited beta test. The players must be attending during the mentioned event period, and before the quota is full.
3. The player needs to complete the game installation, and successfully create a player profile in order to be recognized as a successful participant.
4. The player can enter the game after the quota is full, but no account or character can be created.
5. There are four regions including Asia, Oceania, South America, and Europe. Each region is limited to 30000 ID. Thus, a total 120,000 ID allowed.
6. This is a data-wiped testing. Your Closed Beta Testing data will not be retained for the official launch.
7. All in-app purchase and recharge functions are not available for this testing.
A total of 499,631 participants have signed up for the testing phase as of publishing but don’t be discouraged. You may still pre-register for in-game rewards or join the Kaede Rukawa Lucky draw. Pre-registration gives players a chance to win in-game Milestone Rewards that you can claim through the in-game mailbox 14 days after the game’s official launch. But who knows, you might make the cut for the Beta testing if you follow their instructions to the T.