A new mid-range phone from Huawei
Huawei yesterday launched their newest mid-range device in the PH: the GR5. The new smartphone is part of the company’s mid-range lineup that spawned the excellent G8 last year, and is built with the same sensibilities – sexy metallic body and solid features.
Huawei GR5 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch full HD IPS panel, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 16GB of expandable storage, up to 128GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, AF LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner
- 3000mAh battery
- Android 5.1 with EMUI 3.1
The phone uses an aluminum chassis, giving it a very premium feel. There’s a fingerprint scanner on the back, and the display is a generous 5.5-inch IPS full HD panel.
Internally the GR5 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 octa-core processor paired with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable storage, 13-megapixel rear camera with a f/2.0 aperture, AF, LED flash and a 5-megapixel f/2.4 front facing camera.
The GR5 will retail in the Philippines for 11,990.